My Watson Adventures

I've got twelve months to learn about hair braiding around the globe...wish me luck!

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Off to Tokyo...almost...

My life wouldn't be mine if everything ran smoothly (lol)...and, of course, I had problems getting into Japan from Australia - I was under the impression that since Canadian citizens aren't required to have a visa to visit Japan for less than 3 months, that I wouldn't need to fulfill the visa requirement of having an onward ticket to enter the country...Well...I was wrong, and was promptly turned back by Qantas Airlines when I tried to leave Sydney for Tokyo. My roomies were pretty surprised to see me back at Regent Street an hour after we'd said our goodbyes, after thinking that we wouldn't see each other again for years!
I tried to buy a ticket out of Japan from Qantas that night but the cheapest one was going for about $1000! So the next day I went to good ol' STA Travel, where I was able to purchase a cheap ticket from Tokyo to Delhi, and headed to Tokyo that night (thankfully, Qantas didn't charge me for having to change my departure date)...what would Watson be without some adventure, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home